Monday, August 27, 2007

Our weekend

On Satuday our extended family drove up for a surprise brunch for Mana's 81st birthday. It was a really good time--and I know Mana really appreciated it. Anna-Kate was a doll the whole time. :)

Saturday night, we ditched the paci! We gathered them all in a ziploc bag, Anna-Kate threw them away and said "bye-bye" to them. She was fine, I was crying, it was awful and for some reason I was so sad for her! Then came bed time...she screamed like her finger was being cut off! It was awful....I cried again. I felt as if I had taken away her best friend. Every 15 minutes I went in to comfort her. She just held her hand to her mouth like she was holding a paci and signed "please" over and over. Her lower lip was out and just quivering, it was pitiful and it broke my heart. She managed to get out, clear as day, "paci bye-bye?" and then burst into tears. Finally she fell asleep at 8:50 and slept until 6 am, which is much longer than I had feared it would be--yet a far cry from 8-8 that she is used to. The following day we had to work hard to keep her awake until 12 for her nap. She cried for about 25 minutes, then crashed. She woke up a couple of times, but slept until 3:45! Last night, she fussed a bit, no crying and fell asleep 9-7:50. We are getting closer! She cried for 30 minutes again today when I put her down for her nap. I am hoping that each day is getting easier for her.

On Sunday, after an emotionally trying night and less sleep that we were used to-we made ourselves go to church, though half contemplated going to 11 church (but nixed that thinking what that would do to her and her schedule!). We show up and halfway through the service hear our names called to join the church! The church secretary had forgotten to email a reminder to us and we had no idea! Good thing we had gone to 9:15 like usual! :) So, we are official member of Christ Church Pres now, and thankful to be involved in a local body "officially".

No comments: