Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Starting out


I find that as Anna-Kate gets bigger, more interesting things happen for one, but I see the time slipping by me! I can't believe her "15 month birthday" is looming, and another baby will be joining our family soon! Time is so fleeting and I want to take the opportunity to record the sweet and interesting tidbits--the joys of my life--while I still can remember the details! :)
On Sunday, the sweetest moment of motherhood thus far happened. I was rocking Anna-Kate and singing "Jesus loves me" right before bed. She put lamby on my shoulder and looked up at me, straight in my eyes. There was one little tear on her cheek. She put her head on my chest and her arms underneath my arms and squeezed me so tight. I just cried! What a moment! She can't say "I love you" yet, but when I tell her that I love her, she automatically says, "mama" and blows me kisses. That's good stuff! These are the joys and moments that energize me for the next day, the things that I remember when I'm tired and just want to be alone. Praise the Lord for moments like these!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Her screams and yelling "Caca" get me ready for the next day.

Janelle said...

You should know that "caca" is what she calls Copper.