Friday, August 17, 2007

Pregnancy, the new baby and update on life.

So I felt the baby kick last week--I was only 12 1/2 weeks pregnant! It is such a sweet, unforgettable feeling, and an instantaneous connection with the precious life inside of you! As much as pregnancy, labor, delivery and being a mom in general is hard--I truly believe that God gave women such a huge blessing when He allowed us to carry these precious lives within us. Yesterday, I went to the doctor for a 13 week check up. I was able to see the baby on sonogram, and it is just special! I can't wait to find out the gender--the suspense is killing me! Of the 4 people who have a strong feeling one way or the other 2 are certain it's a boy and 2 are certain it's a girl! I have no strong feeling either way so far, except for that Chris is convinced it is a boy-and he is generally right for some reason, but, I had a dream that on my u/s it was a girl! We'll find out in a few weeks though!!

In Anna-Kate news, there isn't tons new. She is in the process of getting her canine teeth (all 4 at once!) and is having a pretty hard time with them. I will be so grateful when they finally break, then we should be done with teeth until she gets her 2 year molars. Though, I guess with multiple kids, someone is always teething........hmmm.

Chris' 27th birthday is on Monday. It's hard because I truly believe the older we get, the more anti-climactic birthdays get (which is why parents have parties for kids--so at least someone gets to enjoy a birthday). The problem is, when you are still in your 20's you think back to a couple of years ago when your birthday used to matter for something--so it's always depressing. We're too old for anyone to care particularly, (except parents and the occasional friend who sends a card) young enough that we still want to be the center of attention, but too young for the world to recognize the importance of this birthday (you know, 30, 40, 50 or something). Ahh well, I'll try to make it special. :)