Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Boy talk

Every morning as we pull into preschool I turn to unbuckle Ryan, and as he stands up he asks me to "blow down the window please Mommy?". {he loves to stick his head out the window and wave at his friends as we get close to the drop off area. Social butterfly, that one is.} I can hardly stand to correct him.

At the dinner table tonight Ryan looked at Chris and said, "Daddy, I've changed my name. I am now Captain America."

Ryan came in my room early this morning and said, (in that loud whisper that could wake the dead) "Mommy, I have bad news. I'm awake!" {why yes, that is bad news...}

He is into the bad news thing. At lunch with friends today he came up to the table of Mamas and said, "Mama, I have bad news." I asked what was wrong. He pointed to a little girl and said, "I don't remember her name." Ha.

***

So, Jack is finally "talking". :) I am choosing to forget the fact that a mommy friend just told me her daughter, who is 1.5 months older than Jack is speaking in sentences...I know he has more than this, but this is all that is coming to mind at the moment.

He still signs more, please {"peez"}, milk, all done, up and thank you {"ank ew"} and he has finally learned to differentiate between yes and no. For example, a month ago, if I asked him if he wanted a cookie, he would emphatically shake his head no, then run to the pantry. Now, he puts his hand on the nearest chair for support and, bending at the waist, with a straight neck, rocks his whole body back and forth to "nod" yes. Hilarious.

"OW-KE-SIGH!!!" {with banging on window/door} That's Jack for "Mommy dearest, I would love it if you would please take me outside."

"Bzz-Bzz" {Buzz Lightyear}

"uhsairs/ouwsairs" {upstairs/downstairs}

"chuzzz" {cheese. aka, the thing he would eat forever}

"Nana"

(he's finally added to Dada, Mama, and Ah-Kay,(Anna-Kate). He tries so hard to say Ryan, it is just indistinguishable. And animal noises for monkey, cow, dog, duck...he has others, but those are favorites/the most comical.)

No comments: