Friday, October 21, 2011

Birthday {x 2}

Ryan's birthday is in February. Ok, now that we have that clear...

I picked up Ryan from carpool today and as he climbed in he said, "MOM it's my birthday today!" His teacher had a big grin and was nodding and wishing him a happy birthday weekend. I was a bit perplexed and informed her of his actual birthday, in February {wondering what horrible things she had thought of me for not sending cupcakes in on my childs' birthday!}. She said, "Oh, well that's what I had on my schedule from the office. We made him a card in class, pulled him up on stage during chapel to sing to him and everything." {Ryan is nodding gleefully as she is saying all of this.} I said, "well, lucky Ryan, I guess he will get to be celebrated twice this year." Ryan jumps up and says, "YES! I love having two birthdays!"

Crazy kid.

So, per usual, I asked him the best part and worst part of his day. The best was going on stage, (so my "performer" non-shy kid) then he started fake crying/whining and said, "but the sad part was when ____ {boy who is always naughty/mean in his class} wouldn't even sing happy birthday to me with everyone. It was the birthday song and he wouldn't sing!" I said, "Ryan, it really isn't your birthday today." Quite displeased with the outcome of his day he said he just wished today was February. I told him he would miss Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas if that was the case. He said, "well, I wish it was all of those days today."

He's a dreamer. :)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Can you hear me laughing?
Mom

Gil House said...

coming from another "birthdays are a super big deal" person ... OMG!?!?! TRULY - DYING HERE! literally laughing OUT LOUD. WHAT A HOOT! :):):)