Thursday, November 3, 2011

It's November

So, let's just forget about that whole not-blogging-the-month-of-October thing, ok? Great. So, moving on.

Catch up time. I think I'll start current and work back through our busy month. So, Happy Halloween!

We've been planning a Toy Story theme all year. Thankfully, I was able to talk Anna-Kate into being Jessie instead of Bo Peep, her original choice {the only costume I could find was on etsy and was selling for...wait for it...$500. Yep, not a typo. Since I didn't want to embark on long petticoats and boning, we went for Jessie.}. Her one condition on being Jessie was that it not be pants. I thought I'd do a jean skirt and call it good. Nope, further stipulations stated dress. So, I began searching, and came up with, nada. Another etsy find, $65. Clearly, I'm too cheap for all that, so I copied the etsy one I found, with a little help from pinterest thrown in for good measure. So, despite this month being absolutely
c-a-r-azy, I eeked it out Saturday night before Halloween. She was very excited about it, which ultimately, made it all worth while. I found her boots at Gymboree on sale from last winter, with a coupon for $8 to complete the look! The boys' costumes I totally lucked in to! We had some money left on our Disney points card from our trip last year (a miracle in itself). When I got to the Disney store I found the pj's to be exact replicas of the costumes, for 1/4 the price! So, I got the boys jammies for $26 for both and they have been happily sleeping in them since. Ha! I found Jack's Woody boots at consignment for $3, borrowed his hat and Ryan's wings and noise thing were borrowed as well.

This picture makes me laugh. He didn't want his picture taken. He didn't want to be taken out of the wagon. He didn't want his hat on. But, the show must go on. So Daddy improvised...and handed him a lollipop.



My sweet littles. {post lollipop bribe}



Sadly, the best family picture we got. Amazingly hard to get 3 kids looking at the same place, at the same time, and smiling. Requires a perfect storm that did not happen that night. {Side note, I want credit for being guilted into, err, being a fun mom and dressing up. Well, I put cat ears on. ha!}



Our neighbors have an annual potluck, bounce house, pre trick-or-treating thing each year. It's grown. Ha! This is most of the kids preasent.



Anna-Kate with her sweet friend, Campbell, aka, the Statue of Liberty. Her brother was a "big apple". Brilliant.



"I got more candy!!!!"



Loading up on the loot...



Trick-or-treating. Jack really got in to it! He was so fun to watch, and the big kids, of course, knew what they were doing. Jack kept up right with them and when we got to houses that had a bowl of candy out front he walked right up and started loading up his basket. Lol. He carried it the whole time too, never tried to hand it off. I love this skill of my third child!



Buzz Lightyear. He was on cloud nine to be able to borrow wings and an arm band noisemaker thing. I'm not gonna lie, I'm not sad about giving that guy back to its owner. :)



After trick-or-treating, we let the kids help pass out candy. Ryan loved it, Jack just tried to put it in his own basket.



The girls



Jack eating his third (3rd!!! Shame on me!) lollipop of the night. Ryan was crying to go to bed. Haha.

3 comments:

The Levy's said...

It wouldn't be complete if someone didn't have a melt down, right!! Cute pics btw!!

Heidi

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting and checking the blog every hour for the pics. Adorable and so creative. Thanks a million!
Mims

Tate Family said...

yay you're back!!