Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Caboose

I thought this post deserved to be alone. :)

The biggest reason of all for not blogging much lately?



This little blessing...baby number four, and {we think, at least} our caboose.

I'm in my second trimester, due sometime late May or early June (June 1 c-section if I can maneuver it!). Thoughts on this pregnancy...I haven't felt amazing, but I've felt worse. I still think of my pregnancy with Anna-Kate as being my sickest, but I also wonder if, when pregnant with your first, I had nothing better to think about than how not normal and icky I felt? Who knows.

It was so fun when we told the kids! They are all very excited, well, Jack was excited that he got to open a present (a big brother shirt) and that the kids were happy). Anna-Kate was jumping up and down with {happy} tears in her eyes and said, "is this my sister or is it another boy in there, because we don't need any more boys in this family!" {on that note, we are praying for a sister, or for peace in our girls' heart with another brother. As she has been praying very regularly over the last 3 years for a sister, we certainly don't want her to experience doubts on the power of prayer!}

We have zero consensus on names...figure we'll cross that bridge in a few weeks when we can cross off a whole gender's worth of names.

As this will be my fourth c-section, we plan on this being our last...if for no other reason than than strong medical recommendation. I've found myself savoring each thing, even morning sickness, and as I pass each milestone lamenting and seeking closure as I will never do X again (ie, take a pregnancy test, hear a heartbeat for the first time, see that little peanut ultrasound...etc). I'm such a sappy mess!

I've really struggled with excitement. Not my own, but others. We are thrilled and have prayed for this baby since before its conception, but in a world of two, maybe three, kid families, it seems that many consider this pregnancy (and frankly, Jack, as I already had one of each) to be overkill.

Regardless, we are thrilled to be expecting and are praying for this sweet little one to grow healthy and strong and for the Lord to prepare us to parent it, along with our others. We feel so blessed!

10 comments:

Leigh W. said...

From your blog stalker.. congrats first off!! But also, family size is such a personal choice and I don't understand why people need to add their two cents! You are such a sweet person and though we have never met, you shine as a mom through these blogs. What a blessed little person to join your family. I will add my prayers for a sister or peace, my sister is my best friend so I know a girl loves one, but how I longed for a brother when it was still possible (mom's eggs are beyond done now, though she would adopt even now!)

Leslie said...

Congratulations! So excited for you all!

Glenn and Angela said...

I am thrilled for you guys! I know you always wanted a lot of kids, and I think you are such an amazing mom, that the more the merrier! On a side note - June 1 is my birthday, and it is a great one at that! ;)

The Levy's said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenn said...

Yeaaa!!! I've always said 4 is a perfect number:) I will join Anna Kate in praying for a sister. It's funny you said that others are struggling with excitement. I am one child behind but have found that with this third pregnancy I get a lot of not so nice looks while my other two are running around crazy. Oh well! God is good! Congratulations...Jenn Ferguson

Anonymous said...

Hey J! I know we have already talked on the phone, but I just want to put into writing how very excited I am for you and Chris!!! You have been blessed with a beautiful and precious family and Baby Caboose =) will be another beautiful blessing to celebrate. Looking forward to our January reunion I know we can make happen!!!
Blair

Tate Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Holbie said...

Congrats Janelle! Growing up there were four kids in my family. I loved it! I think it is great and the kids will have so much fun growing up together. I never feel like someone has to justify their choices in family size!

Becca said...

I have read your blog for a little while and wanted to extend my congratulations. :) I have always said I thought 4 sounded like a great number of kids. :) My husband and I have 2 so far and are taking it one at a time seeing how God leads and creates, but we are not feeling "done" at this point... and have already had people express that we should. %-) It is obvious that you love and enjoy your kids! :) So congratulations and blessings to you and your family (and will you please share your secret of when you have time to sew them their adorable matching clothes?? I have a 2 year old son and 4 month old daughter and I'm filled with ideas for coordinating outfits but not finding the time yet!)!

Dance411 said...

overkill!!! whatever, i think you are a brave mama and just doing what your heart desires. blessings on a healthy pregnancy!