Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Retreating

Last weekend my mom came up to help me and keep the kids until Chris could get home from work Friday so that I could get away for our church womens retreat. We do it every other year and it is always a fun trip of fellowship, food, and spiritual "filling up". This weekend did not disappoint. The theme was walking with the Lord one day at a time. Completely applicable to me...and I would venture for most multitasking superwomen out there.

We had a fun room, though my friend Katie may have grown a little weary of giggles and whispers that first night. Megan, Leigh-Ann and I were so excited about a slumber party we just couldn't sleep. :) We also each brought tons of yummy snacks, and well, we all know that food is one of my love languages, so I was set. :)

My iphone failed me. It didn't come near capturing the beauty of our surroundings.

Katie, me, Leigh-Ann and Megan



I returned to a husband who had delighted in his children this weekend. He took them to a birthday party, out to dinner and to the Disney store to play. They weren't dressed as I would have dressed them, nor was their hair brushed, but they were well loved and had an awesome weekend with their amazing dad. I bragged on facebook that I also came home to mopped floors. He mopped! I didn't even ask! What a man!

No comments: