Monday, November 28, 2011

Catch up...big time

So, in case you are a casual observer, I've been pretty MIA since, oh, October. We've been busy...(I know, I'm ashamed it's this late). So, without further ado, I present, the month of October.

We went to the state fair...we may or may not have gone early in the morning to get in free and partake in free rides for an hour and then left.

Love the overpowering joy on their faces!



Anna-Kate and Adam



I love how I told Ryan to hold on to Jack...and he sure did!



All of the kids



Jack on the {knock-off} "Nemo" ride. All of my kids have loved this ride!



Jack and Sadie. They are so sweet. :)



The next weekend, we made our annual trek with our {same!} friends to the pumpkin patch. Sweet memories! Unfortunately, per usual, it was hot, so took a bit from the festivities of hunting for a pumpkin, but the kids got into it--especially the hay ride and picking their own little pumpkins and gourds for the cornucopia.

In front of the petting zoo



Waiting to board the hay ride!



Always ready to pose for a picture.



My strong boy!



Jack wasn't particularly interested in picking up a pumpkin until highly encouraged to do so. {sharply contrasted by Ryan...can you see him in the top left of this picture?)



Smiling Jack



Best of about 25 pictures. :)



Rare smile on demand from Ryan.



We thought it would be fun to add a bit more to the weekend so went to my parents' for a long weekend and to visit the state fair near them. The kids LOVED it, and Jack was a complete trooper! He napped in the car, we drove down there and didn't come home until after bed time (in the rain!). We enjoyed seeing the animals, {such city folks we are...} riding horses, playing on tractors and playing on the playground as Nana and Poppy bed shopped. :) Highlight for everyone was the {free} circus we went to.

Riding the horse...she loves it.



He LOVED his first horse ride!



His first lollipop, on a tractor. Good life for a little boy. :)



Watching the horse show.



Love this picture of my happy boys. :)



The Grands and their grandbabies



On the tractor



Catching a lift.



"JACK LOOK AT THE CAMERA!"



The (big) kids each got to pick one ride (since they rode a lot the weekend before...at the other fair. Ha!). Ryan chose the bee.



I was SO proud of Anna-Kate for choosing the {mini} scrambler. One of my all-time favorites! She'll do spins but not roller coasters, for now. :)



We found out Jack is allergic to penicilin {I'll spare you the photos of that. You're welcome.}

I spent a good part of the month (well, August, September, AND October) going 3 times a week to the chiropractor. I feel a lot better (and am still going once a week). My faithful little helper. :)



So between going out of town/general fall busyness I found myself in charge of the cupcake reception (and decoration for) a huge musical our church put on. Anna-Kate was old enough to participate and she loved it (we are still listening to the music...I may or may not be ready to take a break from Creation songs...). The show was fabulous, and I was very happy with how my vision for the reception came to fruition.

(urg, can't get this to turn...)Anna-Kate's painting. They used the children's art for part of the set decoration.



The reception {post decoration and icing of 625 cupcakes. Had AMAZING help from Megan, Leigh-Ann and Christy!! Leigh-Ann and I spent hours making those hanging "puffs" and topiaries. My vision has no distinction for time required, evidently.)





Creation: A Big God Celebration! It was a highly interactive show for the kids viewing from the "green and grassy garden" on the front row. We had over 550 people in attendance that one show.



Nana and Poppy came up for the show. It was a special surprise for Anna-Kate, and I was so glad for them to see the show and all of my work!



Anna-Kate and Adam with their kindergarten teacher, Ms. Miller. They were so surprised and happy to see her come!



Singing!

2 comments:

Tate Family said...

Well, hello, stranger. You've been missed. Glad you're back. Awesome pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Anna Kate in pants! jeans, no less. I've seen it all. The pumpkin patch pictures were wonderful and very professional.
mom