Tuesday, December 6, 2011

An educated guess

Well, I have my ultrasound scheduled (an early sneak peak only purpose it serves is to determine the gender) for December 17th! Very exciting! So, for some fun, thought I'd compare pregnancies and we can all have an educated guess as to what this little cabooses gender is. :)

First off, here is a picture of me from today. I am almost 15 weeks. To be clear, this picture was taken vertically and when I rotated it I got wider. My cheeks haven't actually got fatter (yet) and tummy isn't quite this big (yet). I would call this carrying "high", if you want my opinion. All of mine have been higher though.



OK, I'm craving salt. Gracious, I swear I could eat it by the spoonful. I love basic salty lays potato chips (which I usually could take or leave). I love french fries, assuming I've dumped salt on them. I'm craving grapefruit and berries. And blueberry bagels with butter. I always like these, but I LOVE them right now...like think about toasting one every time I walk into the kitchen. These are all similar food loves I had when I was pregnant with Anna-Kate.

I don't have any huge aversions, except purple onion (or any, raw) and sloppy joes, which I don't love in the first place, but I could shiver at the name now. There is not a good comparison to this. When pregnant with Anna-Kate I had a major aversion to lunch meat turkey, purple onion and anything sweet (for the first trimester). None with either of the boys. I generally love a bowl of icecream most nights, but I'm finding I can take or leave dessert--mostly leave.

I was the sickest with Anna-Kate (13 weeks) and Jack (16 weeks)--lost weight, had to do the whole eat saltines before moving thing, lots of ginger-ale. With Ryan, my nausea lasted a long time (18 weeks) but it wasn't debilitating. It seems I'm on a similar path this time. Currently feel horrible.

My skin is pretty clear, similar to Ryan--very different from Anna-Kate and Jack.

{Side note: now does everyone see why I thought Jack was going to be a girl???}

I'm wondering if since Anna-Kate and Jack seem to take more genes from my side of the family that I "reacted" stronger to them? So, since Ryan looks more like Chris the pregnancy didn't affect me as much (so would assume this baby will look more like Chris and Ryan?). Is this a plausible hypothesis?

3 comments:

Mom B said...

Girl.

The Levy's said...

I am saying girl so Anna-Kate will have her wishes come true!

Melissa said...

Girl :)