Thursday, December 22, 2011

And the caboose is.....

So I guess I left all seven of you hanging the other day...the conclusion to our ultrasound is that our caboose shall be blue! Yep, another boy for our family {much to the chagrin of Anna-Kate}.

They took us back to a room and the kids all sat in their chairs and looked at the wall where the image was projected, full of anticipation. The ultrasound tech asked her if she wanted a brother or sister and she immediately answered "Sister!" to which the tech said, "are you sure?" {sidenote, seriously? She has two brothers. Must you really follow that questions up?} she said, "uh, yes.". Her then smiling face went blank as she heard the words, "well, it's a brother!". She didn't cry, but she just looked sad. I took her to the bathroom afterwards and I asked if she was OK. She said she was just sad, then teared up a bit. Being the planner that I am {and remembering when I solved her sadness problem after telling her Jack was a boy--remember THIS?} I took along a present for being our only princess. A necklace with an oval pendant with a cross in the center. Clearly, it worked.



She hasn't said alot about it since, but is coming around I think. She said, (quite dramatically, a la Eeyore...) "well I guess I just get to do lots of things with you."

I can't say I was shocked. I didn't have a strong "knowing" feeling, but I figured it was a boy. In lots of ways this will be easier. We are thrilled to know and begin picturing our complete family...he will be just perfect. :) Per usual, we are struggling with names. We'll see how all that turns out! :)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Sweet girl! What a tender heart. It takes a special sister to love and be patient with all these boys:) So excited for you all!

Leigh W. said...

I was dying... as your most committed blog-stalker!! I was about to call Angela to see if she knew. Congrats and that beautiful princess will make a great sister to this new brother as well I am sure!