Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Addendum to the "It's a" post

I took a picture of the sonogram (brilliant, Chris!). Isn't he beautiful already? :)

Here's his profile:



And here is the "money" shot (those long lines on the sides are legs, obviously, the thing in the middle sticking up is what makes him a boy):



***
So this morning Anna-Kate woke up and the first thing she said to me was, "Mommy, will you please show me the pictures of my baby sister, please Mommy, please?!?!?". Dang, she remembered. Thankfully, at the sale I went to last week I had found a pair of Belle (aka Beauty and the Beast) shoes for $2 and picked them up. I had forgotten to give them to her (or I had remembered on days I didn't want to reward behavior). Anyway, so I showed her the pictures and she was very excited and kept talking about her sister. Then I said, "Anna-Kate, you know what? God has decided to give us a little baby boy, so you are actually going to have another little brother. Isn't that exciting?". She burst into tears. Not whiny ones, very sad very real tears.



I said, "you know what, Jesus knows exactly what we need and He always gives us the very best thing for us because He loves us so much--you are going to love your new baby brother so much!" She was non-plussed. Then I said, "Now when we do stuff 'just the girls' it's still gonna be just you and me, and that's fun, right?" Then, "you are the only princess in this house, so your new baby brother got you a special princess present". (Good call Janelle! Tears dried up immediately.). See?



Then she saw the boots I had bought for Ryan and gave them to him. Too cute!



Her final statement on the matter? "Well, I guess you just need to get this baby boy out of you and then you and God can put my baby sister in there."

9 comments:

Leslie said...

Cute! Shoes make everything better :)

The Levy's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Levy's said...

You just gave a whole new meaning to turning that frown upside down! Great job!!

Liz said...

Oh I'm glad there was a happy ending! Good job mom! I think it's so fun to have 2 boys back to back. Hope you are feeling well!

Tate Family said...

That is hilarious to me, b/c Wesley really couldn't care less about the sex of this baby. Just goes to show the vast differences in children. :) So happy that another little boy will be joining y'all!

Anonymous said...

That is so, so funny - her final comment on the matter. I love it! :) I'm sure baby #4 isn't quite on YOUR brain yet!! ;) Adorable. And yes, excellent call on the princess shoes from her new baby brother. Great idea!

Jenny

Katie said...

That is great Janelle! Congrats on another baby boy!!!!! EA is already asking when God's going to give her a baby sister so if He throws a curve ball it's not going to go over too well with her either! Love the pic of AK in tears! Classic!

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I assent to but I about the post should prepare more info then it has.