Thursday, October 22, 2009

Recap on the week

My grandmother had hip replacement surgery last week and was just released home this week. I went to visit her last week, and was planning to visit Wednesday until plans suddenly changed (side note, please pray for a quick and total healing for her. A separate hairline fracture was found after her surgery and the doctor's have told her to be off of her hip for 6 weeks.)

So Tuesday night Anna-Kate woke up with fever. 101.2 (underarm) to be exact. Boo. So the next day we had an impromptu jammie day as we obviously didn't go to school. We had a great time and I would have great pictures to show for it if my camera batteries weren't dead. I know, lame excuse. We visited the ped just to rule any flu's out...she's in the clear thankfully!

Today I tied up a lot of loose ends, did some monogramming, a trip to the post office (definately in my top 5 least favorite places to go, possibly top 3--YUCK) cooked and cleaned while the kids were at school. Seriously, highlight to my Thursday is picking Ryan up from school. I love to peek in on him playing with his friends and then to see the look of sheer joy on his face when he sees me is the greatest feeling in the world!

Tomorrow I am heading to a women's retreat through my church up in South Carolina. Shockingly, the weather is calling for rain (can I ever go anywhere without rain anymore??). Praying for a sweet time of fellowship, refreshment and spiritual growth. I'm really excited!

Not sure what Chris has planned for the kids. There is a local fair on Saturday, but as Chris hates crowds, I seriously doubt he'll go. :)

On a completely random side note, we have decided to get the H1N1 vaccine for me and the kids (not sure if Chris even qualifies??). This has been a serious topic of much prayer and discussion around here, so I am thrilled to have an answer and a peace about the whole thing.

Well, if you are still reading you must really love me, because this was boring. My apologies, I'll dig deeper tomorrow. :)

No comments: