Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Back from Texas

...and I've got the pictures to prove it! :)

We went last Wednesday and returned yesterday. The original reason for the trip was to attend my highschool reunion in San Antonio, but tickets are cheaper to fly in the middle of the week, so we turned it into a reunion with other friends and family too!

Poor Ryan entertaining himself (thanks, Sesame Street!) while I finished packing (and Anna-Kate was at school Wednesday morning).



On Thursday we went to the San Antonio zoo. SO FUN! We went with my childhood friend, Christina and her son Parker (we've been friends since 1st grade), my parents and Kendel and her son Ezra (we've been friends since 5th grade). All of the boys are within 4 months in age. We stayed at Christina's parents' house--such a blessing (they have grandkids so were fully prepared highchair/pack-n-play wise etc)!

Here are Ezra and Ryan looking at the prarie dogs:



They was another section that Anna-Kate loved where you could crawl "in" to the prarie dogs' habitat. The boys were too short, but Anna-Kate fit perfectly!



Their zoo has a waaay better train that ours!





We had a picnic and went home for naps, but returned to finish looking. They had just opened a new Africa section, with HIPPOS! Anna-Kate's been dying to see a real hippo, and they were so close. She loved it!



The boys were awestruck too (well, at least all 3 had their attention on them for a minute):



They were HUGE. I mean, I knew hippos were fat, but geesh, H-U-G-E!



This is Anna-Kate talking with Chris...we all sure missed him!



Friday was rainy and icky. I should also add that San Antonio is in a drought. Yet, 2 days we were there it rained all day. Ironic, no? Anyway. Mom and I took Anna-Kate to the doll house that I used to love to go to as a child. It is a 2 story Victorian-era looking house FILLED with all kinds of dolls (1000's, really). She loved it, and it was so special to go back.



This was her favorite doll, I think it was in the range of $800. Amazingly, she didn't ever ask for us to buy her anything. She just said "what a special treat" to see them when we left.



There is a new addition, an adoption tea room (when you adopt a doll they have a tea party for you and your new baby). So cute. Anna-Kate loved trying on all of the hats!




I repeated my usual, "let's look with our eyes not with our hands". She took it and ran with it, never touching anything. I picked up some doll clothes to see the price and she got all over me about touching! :)



I had such a wonderful time hanging out with longtime childhood (and adulthood!) friends. Such a special time. Christina's husband, Kyle, (who is an awesome photographer!) got a lot of great pictures of the kids and the 3 mama's, but I don't have those pictures yet. I'll add later.

I'll make a seperate post for reunion pictures, a great time as well!

And, oh yes, how we traveled. I'm sure I looked like a one-woman circus (with 2 kids in tow).

No comments: