Friday, October 16, 2009

10 year reunion!

Here is the picture from the family pancake breakfast. Lovely that my two kids are the only ones in the picture, huh?



There was a football game Friday night--so fun to see everyone, but SO weird at the same time. When I went to school there we were in the ghetto, if you will. Now the school has changed locations and has a HUGE beautiful campus, with football, amongst other additions.

The following morning was the pancake breakfast where all the kids ran around like crazy (Ryan thought he was so old trying to (and doing pretty well!) keeping up with some 5 and 6 year old boys. Anna-Kate was in heaven with her goodie bag that Sara made for all of the kids. Hers had princess stickers and markers to color princess book markers...perfect! Afterwards we took a tour of the new campus. I think Mr. Axtell (Sara's dad and superintendent of the school) felt sorry for my pregnant-without-hubby-keeping-up-with-two-kids (one of whom, whose name starts with a "R" and ends with a "yan" kept thinking it would be fun to run in the street) so he offered to chauffer said nameless child on his shoulders for the tour. A million thanks!



That evening we went to Alamo Cafe, an old favorite of mine, for an adults only dinner. There were door prizes, trivia prizes and a slide show--so fun! Sadly, the quality and consistency of my photos remained the same this night...resulting in one lone picture. Here is me with Christina after dinner on our way to the after dinner dessert social. (Sidenote, could I possibly look any rounder in this picture? I'd completely reject it, but as it's the token picture from the night...alas, I will add it. Sigh.)



At the dessert we chatted over dessert (of course) and watched old videos from last day of school etc. Seems like soooooo long ago!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Ryan's scowel is priceless. Looks like Stewie! "I look down on all of you!"

Katie said...

How fun Janelle! I'm so proud of you for taking the kids alone AND on a plane! Wow! You're my hero! ha!

The Levy's said...

You only THINK it was that LONG ago - it was really only a few years oh young one! :)