Thursday, October 15, 2009

Disney on ice!

A while back, my friend, Heather, found a deal for bogo tickets to Disney on Ice. The show started at 7:30, so we opted to let daddy's keep babies and we would take the "big" kids (Anna-Kate is big??). We talked about it and the most she gathered was, "Like the disney parade?" and would tell people "I'm seeing Disneyworld on ice!" It was SO FUN!

The two of us just after arriving. She could hardly take her eyes off the show for a quick picture!



The 4 of us: Heather, Andrew, Anna-Kate and me during intermission.



It was the "celebrations" one, so they started by having a birthday party. Goofy dropped the cake and it made a huge mess (ie, it broke in 4 nice pieces). So Sorcerer Mickey came out to get the brooms (a la Fantasia) to clean it up. Anna-Kate was not a fan of them (the lights went low and the brooms' faces were covered and there were neon black lights on them). She buried her head in my chest saying, "it's clean, it's clean, now go away!". Haha. Then came the Halloween party...basically all of the Disney villains were there with a few ghosts thrown in for good measure. I almost had to take her out, but thankfully, I had the forsight to put a snack in (and even more forsight to cover it with my umbrella and keep it from being taken at the door). So, I distracted her with a snack and just turned her back to it so she faced me. Next came the Valentines Day portion where Minnie dreamed of being a princess and all of the princesses came out--certainly the highlight! Next came a luau (with Lilo and Stitch and Mickey and Co) finally ending in a Christmas celebration with everyone.

Andrew and Anna-Kate = great buds!



Trying to capture the awe and excitment in her eyes!



Some pictures of the ice skaters. She was so happy to see all of her favorite princesses (Belle, Ariel, Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White and Mulan all were there--ironically, she's only seen the movie Cinderella).





Dancing with her buddy, Andrew. They stood up and were clapping (trying to stay on beat, but not so much) during one of the sections...no one else was standing or clapping. :)



We got home about 9:45 last night (thankfully, my threat of "you can't go unless you nap" worked or it would have been B-A-D!). They were both barely awake and kept saying, "I'm so tired". As she was getting in bed Anna-Kate said, "Mommy, I want to go see Disneyworld on ice again tomorrow, that was a special treat for you and me". Ahh, warms my heart!

1 comment:

Tate Family said...

Aww, what a fun memory. :)