Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween parties

Part 1

Yesterday was Anna-Kate's school fall party. She was thrilled beyond belief to wear her Belle dress out of the house (a strictly enforced rule that dress up stays inside only) along with her shoes (remember how she got those?). Anyway, sweet as can be, she trotted in to school. Ryan was quite reluctantly pried from my arms as I dashed out to clean the house as much as possible before returning to school for her 11 am party (why do they do that to me? Only 1.5 hours?? And of course, the organizational/must-clean-everything-now aspect of pregnancy just descended upon me recently.)

When I arrived back I found huge goodie bags from their game time (hopefully can snag someone else's pictures who was a good mommy was there for the whole day. In the room was pizza, fruit and juice boxes--to be followed up with cupcakes. Luckily, there was extra for parents. We all know I can't smell pizza too long without partaking myself. :)

Coleson, AK, Lucas and William at their table at school. Her best little school friend, (who used to sit next to her) Ansley, moved last month so I guess their teacher decided to re-do seating assignments. We are in the "girlfriend only" mode, so she was less than pleased, but clearly, she's making it. :) (which, Carey, she still comments from time to time that "Ansley wasn't at school again today"... :( ).



Wow, my face is sure looking pregnant. Gotta slow down the dorito consumption.



Playing ring around the rosie with her friends Emma and Asa.



Sweet smiles.


Ansley's replacement, her new best friend at school, Emma.



This afternoon is our Moms Club Halloween party. I signed up forever ago to bring a "fun Halloween-y dessert". Stay tuned for pictures for what I come up with. :) Hey, I've still got 1.5 hours...

2 comments:

Katie said...

So fun! I love school parties! I know, I do the same thing as you...rush home immediately after drop off, sit for 10 minutes and then jump into get-stuff-done mode until pick up, sadly, 3 hours later. Have fun at your party!

phillips phamily said...

I've got tears in my eyes! So sad to be missing out on all the fun. Oh, well. We're going to Disney tomorrow. I think the looks on the girls' faces will make up for it!

Sooooooooooooo sweet that Anna Kate is still noticing that Ansley is gone! There is only one other little girl in her new class, and I don't think they've connected like she and Anna Kate did. So sad.

Have fun tomorrow!