Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween, y'all!

Whew, BUSY day!

Chris ran his first 1/2 marathon today and I am SO PROUD of him! He had a great time, despite the cold and rain (what a rockstar to power through!). I forgot my camera (actually, to be clear, I thought I forgot my camera, but it was, in fact, in my purse the whole time). Anyway, we were there to watch him cross the finish line, umbrellas and all! So while Chris went home to clean up and warm his muscles I took the kids to their school for the churches fall festival. As it was raining everything was moved in doors. We got there at 10:59. It started at 11. Needless to say, we did all the games twice before anyone else got there (but hey, more candy for us! And clearly, that's what we all need more of!).

At the lollipop tree. Pick a lollipop and if it has a red dot you win additional candy (and it was movie size boxes of candy!)



Ryan "fishing". We won a lot of skittles here. (Notice what a multi-tasker already, eating a lollipop while fishing.)



After, we enjoyed hotdogs, popcorn and some candy. Then, we walked in the cake walk. First round, Anna-Kate won a cake (she's evidently inherited my good luck at winning games). Two rounds later, she won again. Unreal.

We headed home for naps, then woke and made a mad dash for Halloween party #1 of the night, it's the party we annually go to at the Cook's. I'm telling you what, my friend Ashley goes all out! We had a blast and even enjoyed Pumpkin Chili (sounds disgusting, I know, but it was delic!!). The kids had a great time playing!

Here are the kids, all dressed up. (To be fair, this was actually taken yesterday at another Halloween party we went to).



Anna-Kate with her friend Campbell



Family picture



The kids at party 1 (and yes, this is Ryan picking his nose. Unfortunately the trend continued throughout the night...):



We then dashed off to party #2 of the night where I took the 2nd batch of Ghost rice krispie treats (yet, both days I forgot to take a picture. Ugh).

Picture of kids at party 2.



We had a great time chatting with lots of neighbors, then left to begin our trick-or-treating (In the rain. And it was quite cold. Overall, a poor showing by the weather if you ask my opinion).

Here are the kids' at my sweet neighbor/friend, Beth's, house:



Anna-Kate, post (2) parties, a little dirty from all the junk:



How we "rolled"



Look Mama, it's CANDY!!!!



How Ryan ended the evening



and of course



We're clearly versatile, at the close of the evening, we all transformed into Ninjas



Anna-Kate got the BIGGEST kick out of passing candy out to trick-or-treaters (we kept the kids up late tonight since the time change happens tonight). She sat by the door looking out the window just waiting for people to come, then ran to get the bucket, then ran back very excited. :)

Classic quote of the night...Anna-Kate had taken off her Minnie dress and tights and only had on her shirt and panties. I suggested putting her dress back on or choosing another dress-up "so we don't show our panties". Her response? "but I like people to see my panties, they're pretty".

***

Here's a bonus, a picture of my kids and our family friends yesterday at the party. The kids were non-plussed with the idea of another picture, clearly. (this half smile from Anna-Kate came after I informed her "you want to smile in this picture Anna-Kate" as menacingly as I could sound.)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Love all the cute photos!

The Bartons said...

yay for Chris!!! way to go!
i died laughing at Ryan- he looks like a deer about to get run over in all the pics (minus the ones where he's picking his nose). ;) hilarious :)

Chris said...

I taught Ryan everything he knows...