Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Muffins with Moms

This morning was Anna-Kate's schools' first "muffins with moms". Chris agreed to go in to work a little late and watch the boys so she and I could have special time. I told her she could sit anywhere she wanted and I would follow her with our breakfast. I was surprised that she chose the furthest away table with no one at it. She said she didn't want to sit with her friends, she just wanted it to be us {Precious. And, I clearly need to be more mindful about one on one time!}. We had a lovely little date and then I got to walk her to her classroom and peek in for a bit (generally frowned upon, so a special treat for me!).



Then began the mad dash back home to get the boys and rush to church for Bible study. I pulled in, with a moment to spare even (!!) and a precious friends' mom came to my car and asked how she could help me get inside and how she could help. I'm tucking this in my mental "please remember this when I'm out of this season" file. It took her 5 seconds. I actually had it together, but the gesture meant so much to this tired Mama!

No comments: