Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day, 2012

I had the best mothers day weekend ever!! Look at those sweet little faces and top it off with an awesome hubby. I certainly felt the love and was blessed. :) 


Saturday morning I woke up at 8am...and everyone else was just waking up! Chris announced we were going to breakfast at our favorite local place, which was such a fun treat. I got some sewing done that afternoon while Chris did laundry and cleaned the kitchen and then I took Anna-Kate to a yogurt place for a date. I started a dinner club this year, and last night was our second dinner--so we had friends (thank goodness for friends to swap babysitting nights with! Thanks, Katie!) watch the kids while we went to our dinner and ate the yummiest dinner and had the most fun conversation. {Side note, I totally feel like an adult now that I have a "dinner club" which involves no kids, courses of food, and drinks...it's a fun cushioning blow to getting old.}

This morning we slept until 8 again, (!!!) Chris made a big breakfast, had roses on the table and we went to late church. He fed the kids a little lunch while I rested, then I took Ryan on a date this afternoon before hitting my 90 minute prenatal massage that Chris booked for me (using my gift certificate from Valentines Day!). What a rock-star husband! I picked up 5 guys burgers for us on the way home and rolled in to find kids that were bathed and ready for bed. Feeling loved, appreciated, blessed. and happy. And thankful, oh so thankful, for my sweet husband!

1 comment:

Mom's Blog said...

What a nice day for you! My kids are all coming into town for their cousin's wedding, so they wanted to celebrate Saturday morning for my Mother's Day.

I'm so proud of the mom you have become, Janelle. You are every bit the godly Mother I expected you to be. I love you!