Thursday, September 20, 2007

Life as a single mother....kinda

Well, Chris has been on business all week in Orlando. I'm not gonna lie, I don't know how single mamas do it. I don't even have to go to work! Yikes. I did a good job of planning activities to get us out of the house this week, but I am still craving adult conversation by the time he gets home (which this time, is tonight!). Monday Anna-Kate and I went to the zoo with her friend Campbell and my friend Wendi. The Atlanta zoo is smaller than I imagined it would be, but honestly, had all of the "important" animals that Anna-Kate knows and wanted to see. She loves the elephants, giraffes and zebras (though kept getting more excited about the birds in the trees...) and the lions! The "daddy" lion kept roaring really loud and she had the biggest grin on her face!. We saw pandas and kangaroos and went in the petting zoo to pet goats, pigs and sheep. Every time she petted the sheep she screamed "BAAAA!!!!!" It was hilarious!

Tuesday we went to Mana and Papa's house to play and for dinner. I know they enjoyed seeing her, and she was sweet and played so well there (and outside on Papa's grass). Wednesday she played with her friends in the nursery at church while I was at Bible study and then that afternoon we went to Kangazoom with our playgroup. She had such a good time!

The weather has finally turned gorgous!! We have been playing outside and going on long walks every day. Great excercise for mama and Anna-Kate loves being outside!

Her language is just exploding, I am so impressed. This morning she heard Copper barking so she trotted off to find him. She came back a minute later and said, "mama, ca-ca's a tair". Sure enough, Copper was sitting on the other side of the gate on the stairs. :) With a growing vocabulary comes a strong will and the ability to know exactly what she does and doesn't want. Hmmm. It used to be so easy, now she knows when she isn't ready for a bath, because after bath time is bed time. :) It really makes me appreciate her though, because she is generally a really obediant kid. I watch other kids her age and compare (Iknow I shouldn't, but I do..) and I am so proud of her! When I say come here, 9 out of 10 times she comes, and that 10th time she comes after I tell her again (as she knows consequences will follow, but whatever).
After naps we are going to Adam's house to play. They've been out of town the last week, so Anna-Kate is dying to play with her friend! Then we'll go out to dinner. Before Chris left I had him grill me enough chicken to eat for dinner every night. If I look at another piece of chicken I think I'll lose my lunch--I'm over it, so we are going out to Carabas with the Crabbs tonight! Tomorrow we are headed to Macon for the weekend to celebrate Daddy's 60th birthday!

No comments: