Saturday, June 7, 2008

So I'm gonna try again to be good about keeping up the with little things in my world. I look around and see that Anna-Kate is now two (!!) and little Ryan is 14 weeks old! Wow, where does time go?

Ryan was born February 22, 3 days late, by emergency C-section after I had been in labor over 3 days. Such seems to be my luck...He is an amazing kid, SO much easier than Anna-Kate was....amazing to me the difference in personalities, even at such a young age.

Last week I was blow-drying my hair and Anna-Kate walked into my bathroom and said, "mommy, I need haircut". As she's not had one, nor witnessed one I was a little taken off guard. I said, "honey, why do you need a haircut?". She put her hand on her hip and said, "mooommy, hair in eyes!". Seriously?? So funny!

She is Potty-trained now, which is so nice (thanks to Edy's nibs and "Finding Nemo"--her rewards for pooping on the potty). We are still working on nights, but daytime is good to go! At her 2 year well-baby she was 26.6 lbs, the 45%. She speaks in 5 word sentences and is always making me laugh. What a joy!

Ryan is now rolling over (started about 11 weeks). He is such a great kid. Almost always smiling or giggling, or at the very least, passively hanging out while I tend to other things. He's been sleeping through the night since 8 weeks....and we are finally (Praise the Lord!) settling into a solid nap pattern. I think I am the most blessed mama in the world. He sleeps from 10-11 in the am, then from 1-4 (same exact time as AK) and then for from 6-7! Three hours to get my house cleaned and dinner cooked every day? That's awesome!

Chris and I actually got away a couple of nights ago for a dessert date at Cheesecake Factory....where I got chocolate cake! :) It was so nice to reconnect a little; he's a wonderful husband and an amazing father. I count my blessings and praise God for the tremendous gift He has given me--my family.

No comments: