Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Power outages...ugh

This morning we tried to see "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" (veggie tales) at the Regal free summer movies. Anna-Kate LOVED it, but Ryan woke up in what should be his nap and wasn't having it...so we left.

Towards the end of their naps a crazy thunderstorm came...no rain mind you, just out of control thunder and lightening. We lost power for about 2 hours and I was highly peeved. Irritating things:
1) no a/c, fans,or sound machines for kids = early wake up.
2)no power for lights, tv, music = peeved Anna-Kate who was still a little tired.
So, I went to get her when she woke up early because she was fussing in an almost crying sort of way....I open the door and poor thing is fighting back tears. "my sound machine is broken mommy, oh no!". She repeated this a couple of times. I had to hold in my laugh. She was quit upset, then got further upset when she couldn't turn the light on to go to the bathroom, tv on to watch "george monkey" (curious george)or listen to her music inthe playroom. Ahh, such is life. The reason, "it's broken" gets lamer and lamer the more times you say it in one minute, let me just tell you. "daddy fix", sadly, was not the answer today. :) Also sad, just how completely dependant we are on electricity--yikes!

2 comments:

Tate Family said...

She is too cute! I love all the sayings...seems like she is talking quite a bit.
I think we will try the free movies next week. FUN!!

Janelle said...

ya, the movie was great for AK...Ryan didn't want anything to do with it, so we only made it about 45 minutes. :) I'm sure Wesley would do great though.