Sunday, March 18, 2012

Credit cards

One of the gifts my parents gave Ryan was a Disney gift card. He was so proud of his "credit card" and painstakingly looked at every.single.toy we saw in all of the various Disney stores down in Orlando for the perfect thing. He finally saw IT...a Buzz Lightyear space shooter. Oh man, once he saw that, there was no turning back. He was set on it. He has since spent hours shooting Zurg targets and just making noise. :)

He was SO proud to give the castmember his "credit card".



I think my parents enjoyed watching his excitement so much they decided to give Anna-Kate an early birthday present of a Disney gift card so she could pick something special as well. She spent a {very, extremely} long time narrowing down the choices, but finally settled on a tiny (like 1 inch tall) Tinkerbell and her fairy house. It actually pairs nicely with her doll house and she's played with it a ton.

Proudly using her "credit card".



She had about $5 left on the card and I asked her if she would like to pick something out and I would keep it while she did chores to earn extra money to buy it. She said, "No, I don't really like chores so much. I think I will just wait for more teeth to fall out."

Awesome. Where did we fail on the training of work ethic? Something to work towards...

No comments: