Thursday, March 15, 2012

The tooth fairy

Well, on the way down to Disney, while eating a Chick-fil-a french fry, Anna-Kate lost her first tooth! She was beyond excited, I cried.



We told her that the tooth fairy only came to houses so we would keep her tooth safe until we got home. The night we got back was an 11:30 pm transfer to bed, so Sunday night we put the tooth under her pillow (still wrapped in the special Disney envelope they had given us).

The next morning (which was also Monday #1 of spring forward....curses....) I had to wake her up. Fail on the part of the toothfairy. I rememebered after I woke her up. In her sleepy daze she immediately slid her hand under her pillow to feel for her envelope, pulled it out and asked me to open it for her. I quickly thought to tell her to get dressed and brush teeth and then open it for a special surprise. While she was in the restroom and brushing teeth I ran down the stairs to my purse and managed (luckily!!) to find two one dollar bills, stuffed them in and ran back up the stairs. I threw it back under her pillow and she came back in, opened it, and was beyond thrilled to find the dollars!



My little girl is growing up...and I don't think I like it. Nope, not one little bit!

1 comment:

Tate Family said...

No signs of loose teeth over here. I'm not ready. :/