Saturday, November 8, 2008

Bedtime Prayers

So, every night we pray before bed. Recently, we've started getting Anna-Kate to say a few words in prayer. We ask who she wants to pray for and let her go, then Chris or I will close.

Her first "real" prayers were last week. She prayed 3 nights in a row for Papa.

"Thank you God (for) Papa. He doesn't feel good". (my grandfather who was in the hospital with what we thought was pneumonia, turned out to be acute bronchitis).

So, last night, she said she wanted to pray for Poppy (my dad).

"God is great.
God is great.
Let us thank Him for Poppy.
By this bread, we are fed. Amen."

I had to look away and breath funny not to laugh at how funny and sweet it was. At school, before lunch, they've taught them to pray,

" God is good,
God is great,
let us thank Him for this food.
By this bread, we are fed, Amen." Actually, there are a couple of more lines at the end that she sometimes adds on, but I can't quite make them out yet. She gets really shy when she prays and talks super low.

Isn't that precious? I had to share. :)

No comments: