Thursday, April 7, 2011

Renewed energy

I try really hard to never wish away even one moment, because I know that I will look back one day {probably not too far in the future} and long for the "simple" days when my kids were young and constantly wanted my attention. It's very hard sometimes. If you know me (or casually read this blog) you know that March was a loooong month for us. Between sickness, school stuff, {planning for, waiting on decisions, and all of the emotions that come with that plus thinking about my first baby being big enough for kindergarten--but that is for a future blog post. Intriqued?} and Chris' business travel, I was happy to see March end and a new month begin. Just call me a sucker for a clean slate {or calendar, as the case may be}.

Anyway, I feel very blessed. The Lord promises not to give us more than we can handle, and I definately was feeling pushed to the breaking point last weekend. Thankfully, Chris had another business trip to Monterey, {CA} but since it was a conference, {ie no late nights working for a client} we decided to use skymiles for me to fly out for the last half of his trip. My parents graciously offered to keep the kids so I could come and the kids would get to have a fun spring break with their Nana and Poppy. I woke up a few minutes before 8 this morning, but really 11 eastern time. I wasn't sure if I should relish the rested feeling or feel like a slacker. I went with the former. :) Chris headed off to his meetings and I watched GMA in bed, then moved to the comfy chair by the window overlooking the pool as I sipped my starbucks {feel free to hate, but just for a minute}. The forcast called for rain in the morning and storms in the afternoon {of course, I always bring the rain!} so I headed out to Carmel for a morning of window shopping, walking on the beach and searching for the perfect place to eat lunch. Rough life, I know. :) I walked down to the beach {which, Pacific coast beaches are eerily near hiking for me. The fact that I walked 1 mile each way almost took away from my enjoyment, but it was so beautiful, despite the fact that I was freezing). I enjoyed walking in the stores in the area and found a yummy place to eat lunch (and love the "California" aspect of a sandwich here...these people seem to like avacado as much as I do!). After lunch the temperature dropped enough that I got a coffee to stay warm and still couldn't stop shivering. So, I've come full circle and am sitting in the big comfy chair overlooking the pool with a coffee. Bliss. Thinking about hitting the hot tub. Or maybe a trip to Target to get something warm to wear tomorrow.

2 comments:

THobbs said...

Jealous. Jealous. Jealous. Drink up every minute you have....it is MUCH deserved!!

Mom said...

Do they even have a Target in such an exclusive place? (If so, I guess it would go right along with your compact Chevy and jeans with the tag sewn on the seat.) Glad you're having fun. We enjoyed our day at the strawberry farm.