Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Thoughts on the weekend

California pictures coming...along with my parents' pictures of their time with the kids. However, I've been thinking. {So, here goes stream of consciousness.}

Chris and I visited a winery/vinyards on Saturday. We ran in to so many couples who went wine tasting most weekends. Don't get me wrong, we had a lovely time, but I left a little sad. As we talked, Chris pointed out that how you spend "free" or weekend time, is where your passion is. We had a lovely, casual brunch with multiple refills of coffee, walked around Carmel and then saw a couple of wineries. But by early afternoon we were wishing we had an earlier flight home since we missed our kids and felt like we were missing out on our family day (that we typically jealously guard).

How often is the way we spend our time used in such a way that it truly counts? I am not arguing that time away with a spouse, visiting a winery, yard work or any of the other ways we spend our Saturdays are bad, but it made us both more aware of fleeting time and that relationships are the most important thing--they won't wait.

That's all. Pictures soon. :)

No comments: