Friday, September 23, 2011

It takes a big mess to make a clean space, right?

So, I'm hooked on Pinterest. Heard of it? I told my mom it was super for people who are indecisive (her) and people with too many ideas to keep up with them (me). It's a virtual bulletin board you can "pin" any idea you can find on the ol' world wide web. Brilliant, no? Although, I've been doing this for years.



See these notebooks? Years worth of printed internet pages and pages from magzines in plastic sleeves organized nicely with a table of contents {So yes, I'm that person.}.

Anyhoo, I've had wreath envy for years, but am too cheap to buy the kind of wreath that appeals to me (in the neighborhood of $100. What can I say? I have filet taste on ground round budget. Thankfully, I can improvise. :) ). I've attempted to make my own in the past but was not happy with the outcome. But, thanks to pinterest, I was able to gather ideas and combine them into one big happy wreath. Isn't she a beaut?



High on my success I decided that my laundry room {otherwise known as purgatory} could use a little face lift. I measured my space, went to Lowes, had the nice little man cut my wood and trim, painted them and then stood back to manage Chris as he put them together and hung them. :) I got all giddy with the organizational possibilities in my wee space so ran for Hobby Lobby to pick up coordinated accessories. Be still my heart (both to my man and all of the lovely baskets waiting to be nicely organized. I can breath in there again!). I picked up that little lamp from Target and slapped some pom pom fringe I had left over from another project on it. Love.



I want to get some vinyl words to put above this shelf. I'm thinking the "treasure today, tomorrow it will be memories" is appropriate as I spend a good bit of time in here, and am not always happy about it. :)



Keeping it real:



In the midst of looking for laundry ideas, I came across a picture of an old school shopping basket, which I just so happened to acquire from my grandparents when they moved, housing cook books. Perfect. I had been wanting to use it somehow, and my window of "use it or lose it" was fast coming to a close. So I dug all of my cookbooks out, got rid of the ones that didn't fit and went to put it on my counter. I love it. (and my kids are loving the cabinet space vacated by the books which is now play dough, stickers, paper and their craft boxes.)



One problem, where would my canisters go? So, I pulled everything out and organized my baking cabinet. {Yes, I have a baking cabinet}. The old baskets from my laundry room (that no longer matched my black and white theme) got re-purposed to hold baking supplies--one for all my chocolate chips, bark, baking chocolate etc and one for powdered sugar, brown sugar, and extra things like that). The canisters are in the baking cabinet all snug as a bug.



Then I sat down to enjoy my loveliness and realized I was exhausted. The end. :)

4 comments:

Gil House said...

and to think i was on your wreath hunting shopping trip @ hobby lobby with you! turned out awesome! and i'm loving the new laundry room set up! woohoo! :) organization ... gotta love it!

Tate Family said...

i have way too many pinterest projects simmering in my mind right now. love yours!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing!!! Quelle energie! The wreath is gorgeous

Mom B said...

I'm inspired! :-)