Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The mommy mantra

A friend posted a link to this blog on facebook and I finished reading in tears. I absolutely couldn't have written it better myself.

My Promise to my children ~

I am your Parent 1st – your Friend 2nd. I will stalk you, flip out on you, lecture you, drive you insane, be your worst nightmare & hunt you down like a bloodhound when needed because I LOVE YOU! When you understand that, I will know you are a responsible adult. You will NEVER find someone who loves, prays, cares, & worries about you more than I do! If you don’t hate me once in your life – I am not doing my job properly.

Some other gems from a book for mothers of sons:

“His tears will break your heart. So will his smiles.”

“If you make fun of him, he’ll learn to be shy.”

“He’ll continue to whine for as long as it works.”

“From you, he’ll learn the importance of telling the truth. Be a good role model.”

“Play catch with him. He won’t really care if you can’t catch a ball or throw a perfect pass.”

“Remember, your encouragement breeds confidence. It always will.”

“Don’t let his father forget that his son is still a little boy.”

“Don’t tolerate his tantrums. Ever.”

“Teach him how to set the table. This will amaze future girlfriends.”

“He’ll always look for you at his games. Sit where he can see you.” (Made me cry.).

“Remember, perfectly sane moms tend to freak out during soccer tryouts.”

I will absolutely be buying this book. Certainly some nuggets of wisdom

No comments: