Thursday, August 21, 2008

Addictions

So, of course, Chris and I would say we are addicted to caffeine. He takes his in the form of either coffee or diet coke. On occasion I'll have coffee in the morning, but my vice of choice is diet dr. pepper. Yum. It makes me feel warm and tingly just thinking about the caffeinated, carbonated goodness.

My latest (or longest running, depending on your way of looking at it) addiction, though, is the Olympics. I have always enjoyed them. A fond childhood memory is watching hours of olympic coverage as a family...pulling a card table in front of the tv and watching tv during dinner (Oh! The horror!). So, this continues...every 2 years I spend 2 1/2 weeks glued to my tv. You know it's bad when your two-year-old says, "Oh. A Mommy show on again?". Hmmm. Hopefully she will learn to love it as I do. I had her shouting "go USA" the other day. Chris and I have enjoyed cheering for Phelps and the other swimmers, and Nastia and Shawn and the other US gymnasts. What a national pride booster! :)Though swimming and gymnastics are favorites...I've found myself watching most anything. Marathon? Yep. Water polo? sure. I draw the line at horse riding though. Horses don't get medals and jockeys (is that what they are?) don't deserve one any more than Nascar is a sport in my opinion.

In Anna-Kate, however, I've created a monster. When she was sick a few weeks ago I gently tickled her back while she laid in bed. Harmless, right? Evidently not. Not a day goes by that I don't hear, "I need my tickles on my back Mama", and for extra clarification she turns her back to me, lifts up her dress or shirt and says, "right here". OH NO! :)

1 comment:

Gil House said...

ok, from the "i need tickles" to the "Jesus pops" story, your kid has me laughing OUT LOUD tonight!!! she sounds absolutely HILARIOUS! what a doll baby! i can't wait for when ezra is @ such a fun age (although i'm loving this age now, too!)