Saturday, August 2, 2008

Our anniversary...a little late.

So as part of Chris' anniversary gift to me, he gave me tickets to see Bryan Adams in concert. I know I'm the only person who still likes him, but I do--and it was super sweet of him. :) He also got tickets for the Crabbs to join us. We both got sitters, and headed out a couple of weekends ago. We hit up Uncle Julios (Mexican food) for dinner, grabbed Brusters (yummy icecream), then got to the concert a bit late. Unfortunately, Bryan Adams was opening, so we missed about half his show. We still had a great time though.

Here we all are eating dinner (Jonathan, Chris, me, Leigh-Ann). The steak fajitas are awesome--fresh tortillas and yummy fresh-made guacamole! This is actually where Chris and I went to dinner for Valentines Day, just a week before Ryan was born.
Photobucket
While the bands were changing sets there was about a 30 minute "intermission" of sorts. Always prepared, I whipped out a deck of cards and we got a few hands of Spades in. I'm happy to report, the girls won the game!
Photobucket
As part of my gift to Chris I got him tickets to see the Braves and Cardinals play this past Monday. We went to Turner did hotdogs, pretzel, icecream...the whole nine yards. We had a great time! What irony that we both got each other gifts for a function at the end of July when our anniversary is in the beginning of June!
If I had a penny for every time someone said, "so you brought your better half..." to Chris... (notice the hats).
Photobucket
We had such fun together--it's a treat to get to date my husband! He's a pretty great guy I think. :)

2 comments:

Gil House said...

you guys are too cute! what a fun anniversary presents! and yes, you have definitely have been married for 5 years when you take your friends to your anniversary date!!!

Tate Family said...

You're so pretty. :)