Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back to school....

So last Tuesday was Anna-Kate's first day at "school"...aka Mothers Morning Out. She goes to a little Baptist church on Tuesday and Thursday from 9-1. The original goal was to give me one on one time with Ryan, but already I can see how good it is for her and how much she LOVES it! I about cried on the first day. She looked so grown up and was so excited. She got a little clingy when I dropped her off, but saw her friend and ran in without a problem. Thursday, we walked in the building and she took off for her classroom. I had to follow her down the hall to get a goodbye kiss!

So independant.

I've really enjoyed the time with Ryan. He is such a happy baby that I find it's easy to stick him in the jumperoo and devote more time to Anna-Kate--who continually asks for it. If there was a soundtrack to my life it would be, "I read book with Mommy; I see my Mommy; I hold Mommy's hand; I sit in Mommy's lap; I play with my Mommy". It is precious, and I try so hard not to tire of it...I know it is such a short time that she will want to be constantly snuggled. However, it is tiring. But I digress. The time is wonderful for Ryan and I have really enjoyed seeing his sweet little personality come forth.

On the way home today she was talking about Miss Penny (teacher) and her new friend Ansley who was sad because she missed her mommy. Then she said, "but I tell her 'it's OK Ansley, she be back soon'".

First day of school:
Photobucket

In her classroom with a friend when I picked her up:
Photobucket

Not a great picture, but with her new backpack. She LOVES it, and wore it for about an hour yesterday and today when she got back until she got in bed. :)
Photobucket

Not to be outdone, Ryan is studying up....
Photobucket

1 comment:

Gil House said...

that little pink dress is TOO cute!!! i can't believe she is already off to "school!" and her little comment to calm her friend down was presh! what a sweetheart!