Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New sayings

In reference to Poppy's clock (the grandfather clock that my dad built):
"It's working!" (every 15 minutes when it bongs--every time she was awake for it...as opposed to it being broken when it isn't making noise).
"How work Poppy?". Dad then tried explaining weights and pulls and such to her. She then said, "no Poppy, no". As if she knows...

"I did it!" She actually says this a lot, but this specific time was when we were driving to the zoo and about to get on to the highway. She is referencing that she buckled her seatbelt...as I had failed to do so. That's right, mother of the year.

When I asked her if she needed to go potty before going down for her nap:
"No, I already went today". Oh, right, that once daily thing called going potty...

When asked if she helped make Daddy's birthday cake:
"Yes, and it's so delicious!" That's right, we are modest about our achievements.

We have been stressing that disobedience (etc) makes not only Mommy said, but also Jesus. So I asked her if she needed to go potty, she said no, then about 15 minutes later she had an accident...I was peeved. All I said though was, "going pee-pee in panties is so gross. Mommy is so sad that you didn't make it to the potty in time, but you will next time, right?". She looked up at me with the saddest look and said, "Jesus so sad too Mommy?".
OK, so I felt bad that I had ridden her with guilt, but at least I know she's listening now, huh?

2 comments:

Tate Family said...

Seriously, Janelle, she cracks me up! How do you keep a straight face for discipline?? What a little smarty pants--literally. ;)

Janelle said...

I often have to turn away because I'm laughing. Luckily, a lot of conversations happen in the car so she can't see me face. :)