Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Chris!

One quick hilarious conversation before I get to my birthday post. Anna-kate takes her nap at 1. At 2 she was still talking in bed, so I went up to tell her to lie down and go to sleep. I go in and she's sitting in bed with about 6 books (that weren't there when I left). She is not allowed to get out of bed. Period. So I asked her if she had gotten up.
AK: "No Mommy".
JH: "Are you telling Mama the truth?"
AK: looks at the floor then whispered, "no".
JH: "I am happy that you told Mommy the truth, but you get pops for getting out of bed, remember?"
AK: "No need pops Mommy, Jesus already popped me."
JH: Trying not to laugh..."what? Jesus popped you?"
AK: "Yes, then he gave me a kiss on my mouth".
As I was almost crying trying not to laugh, I managed to say that if she got out of bed again it would be big pops and I got outta there!

On to Chris' birthday. Anna-Kate and I made Chris' favorite--a chocolate cake with chocolate icing. This was her first cake to "make" and she loved it. Well, it was fine, she really love licking the beater.

I know, bad mommy for raw eggs, but it's a rite of passage......bake a cake, lick the batter.

Here she is holding the mixer:
Photobucket

Her first lick:
Photobucket

The after:
Photobucket

Happy 28th Birthday Chris!

1 comment:

Tate Family said...

If I have a girl, will you be in charge of her wardrobe? *wink*