Wednesday, July 30, 2008

So, don't eat pink pork.....

Obvious, right?

Weeeeeeell....last night I was eating my pork chop and remember thinking, "this is a tinge pink, I should microwave it". I was exhausted from volunteering for 4 1/2 hours at my consignement sale (to thus get in early) so opted not to get up to microwave and ate it anyway. Sure enough, about 30-45 minutes later started feeling awful! Long story short...I was sick all night (even while I was nursing Ryan--he did not enjoy that-yuck). I woke up this morning with fever and feeling disgusting. Chris ended up coming home from work early and I slept for about 4 hours. I'm feeling much better now...but man, I surely felt awful this morning!!

As mentioned above, I volunteered at my favorite kids' consignement sale (it's a bi-annual sale) so that I could get in early to shop. It opens to the public tomorrow at 9, but I got in today at 5. I did some damage, but, I am completely done shopping for the kids fall/winter wardrobes (except for Anna-Kate's shoes....curses on her wide feet!). I always have so much shopping...the thrill of the hunt. I got smocked dresses for $8 and $10 and some precious John-John's for Ryan for $6 and $8! I even managed to come up with one matching outfit for the kids! Impressed? You should be. :)

Interesting to me that both this sale and last sale I was feeling awful--yet duty calls--must save money and shop for cute kids clothes! Last sale was when I was in labor with Ryan (about 24 hours in). I had to stop and breath through contractions...and wouldn't you know it, noone let me go in front of them in line? Well tonight I felt a lot better than that...but still not great.

Maybe next spring I'll bring my A-game.

1 comment:

Gil House said...

can i just say that i find it highly amusing that you are OCD about bleaching your sink and countertops evrey night and yet you ate PINK PORK!??!!? you make me laugh!!!