Sunday, July 13, 2008

Busy weekend to end a long week.

So had I been looking forward to a long, relaxing weekend to take it easy, I would have been dissappointed. However, I was geared up to party, so it worked out. :) Saturday at 10 I had a brunch with about 12 girls from my church who have all had babies this past "school year" (ie, will be in nursery and same school year with Ryan). It was SUCH a great time of fellowship! God has truly blessed us with a wonderful church filled with amazing people! I had to leave a bit early to feed Ryan and then head to a wedding shower. I just love a party though, so that was fine with me! I usually don't enjoy shower games, but, as I won both, I can't complain. :) Last night Mom and Dad came up to see the kids and have dinner. It was a short visit, but Anna-Kate loved the time and Chris and I were thankful as well. Good food and fellowship, what more can you ask for?

Today was a relaxing Sunday......church this morning and small group potluck tonight. It POURED all day, so it was perfect for curling up with Chris and passing a lazy Sunday afternoon.

This has been a really long week for us/me. I think Ryan is teething (I know, it's what they all say), and it's killing me! He usually sleeps 8-8 at night, and at very specific times during the day (for a total of 5 hours)...all week he's woken up at 5 am SCREAMING, and then fussing until 8 when I feed him. He's been waking 20-30 minutes into naps and not going back to sleep which means he is a cranky over-tired baby. For anyone who knows Ryan you know that he's totally laid back...my "easy" baby, so this just isn't right. Finally I was so tired last night at 5 am that I gave him tylenol--like magic he quit crying and fell back asleep until 8--so I can't think of another explanation besides the ever popular excuse for terrible baby/child behvior, teething. Say a little prayer for my sweet boy if you think of it....and his tired parents. We need this week to be better!

No comments: