Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summer fun

We hosted Ryan's playgroup today (that's right...not quite 5 months old and has "friends" already!:) ). Thankfully, Lydia Crabb is in the group, so Adam is always there to play with Anna-Kate. The big kids ran circles around the house (great naps!) and the babies played in my living room where I moved my coffee table out and put a big quilt down. Anna-Kate thought it was the greatest thing in the world to have the furniture rearranged. :) "I have picnic mommy, ok?". :)

While I was going to the bathroom the other day Anna-Kate came in (privacy and personal space are non-existent for me, and highly under-rated pre-child I've determined) to inform me that "Ryan said 'ahhh' mommy". "Great, what else does he say Anna-Kate?". "Well, he says 'goo' and 'ahgoo' too". Thanks for the update. He also squeals. That's his new thing....my friend Liana says it sounds like a pot-bellied pig. Ha.

Tonight, after dinner, we all headed outside to enjoy the relative cool. We played with bubbles (of which I am the best bubble-blower ever) and drew with sidewalk chalk. I drew a big circle, a big square and a big triangle and was trying to get Anna-Kate to jump from one to the other (kinda like hopscotch with no throwing of a rock). I ended up extending it and she really got into it(girl LOVES to jump). She jumped for probably 15 minutes. Seriously? Can I bottle and sell the energy, or just borrow 5 minutes' worth? So towards the end of the evening I hear...
AK: I jumping mommy!
JH: Great, jump square, circle, triangle, square, circle, triangle.
AK: OK. scare, tri-angle (accent on the "an"), oval...
JH: not an oval baby, it's a circle.
AK: Circle? No mommy, oval.

OK....so I can't draw, not even a circle. How pitiful is that?? My 2 year old can already see my inadequacies as an artist!

2 comments:

Gil House said...

your baby girl sounds too much fun! that made me laugh out loud! maybe she'll be the artist in the fam? :)

Tate Family said...

Smarty pants, eh? ;) She's a hoot!