Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Birthday week.

Yesterday, at the breakfast table, Anna-Kate said, "have you made your purchases yet for my birthday breakfast?" {really, these are actually the words my still-four-year-old uttered). I laughed and said not yet, then asked her what she wanted to eat on her birthday. {boy, did I get an earful!}.

"Well, I would like those donuts (the small powdered ones from the grocery) for breakfast. And you can just go ahead and color me a picture, because I very like getting cards. And you can just run to Publix and get me some fresh flowers for my room. I very like having flowers in my room." I asked what her favorite flowers were. "Pink ones. No, pink roses, those are my favorite" she said.

I said, "Ok then, where shall we go for your birthday dinner?". She responded, "well, for lunch I want to go to Chick-fil-a, but not one that is just food, I want the one that has a playground too. Then, for dinner, I'd like to go to that place we go with Mimi and Oompa (Chris' parents) that you get a sandwich and I get a big hotdog (a local deli)."

Well of course you do. Anything else your majesty? :) At the age of almost five, she has birthday week.

{In case there was any doubt, she is my daughter!}

3 comments:

Laura Fine said...

I laughed out loud reading this! I love what a little princess she is!

Holbie said...

Love it. Jonas loves to create cards. He'll be happy to send her one if she desires!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.