Monday, May 9, 2011

Just another day in paradise!

I mean, I grew up in Texas. Are you shocked that I automatically think of country music to describe emotions? (What? Don't know that song?? Try this. Thanks, Phil Vassar!)

I had the best Mothers Day weekend! (yes, I said, weekend, not day). Chris is so amazing and tried so hard to make my Saturday special since Sunday is so busy with church. We had an early soccer game and had Chick-fil-a breakfast to start the day off, then Chris did some planting/landscaping {including my new knock-out rose!!} for me while I made bows {more on that later}. The big kids went to Target with Chris and each chose me a gift from the dollar bin (HUGE "frog eye" sunglasses from Ryan and a dishtowel with a hot pink flower from Anna-Kate). Chris also got new carseats for the boys (on the to-do list forever and they were on sale) and he even installed Ryan's without being asked! The boys took great naps and Chris and Anna-Kate went out to buy food to cook a big dinner for me. For various reasons, we ended up going out to dinner that night (yay for a "free" groupon dinner!) and had pizza at our favorite local pizza place with some live music (sidenote, I love that my kids are still in the carefree kid age of dancing freely and not caring what others think. :)).

Sunday we went to church then home for leftover pizza. Our neighbors' son was baptized, so we headed over to celebrate for a little while. I spent the rest of the afternoon making bows (Chris even ran a bow-related errand for me, now that is love!). Our friends came over for dinner and the adults sat outside enjoying the last of the spring like weather as the kids played on the bounce house. I couldn't have asked for a more lovely weekend!

So hard to get everyone looking {and smiling} at the same place at the same time...



Could they be any cuter?!?



You know, I'm human and I'm sinful (I know, the most brilliant statement I've ever made, huh?). I often forget to acknowledge how truly blessed I am. I often let the little things in my daily life annoy {or anger?} me. I truly am living the life that I dreamed I would, as a little girl. I am married to my prince Charming who loves me and provides for me and our family, I have precious children, amazing family and friends...I truly am blessed. As I reflect on the constant laundry, the mess, times of frustration and tears, and the sacrifice that children require, I am absolutely struck by how much, so very much more, I get. I don't deserve it. Thank you Jesus for gifting me my husband, these children, these days...

1 comment:

Chris said...

There's also a phil collins song with those words

"Oh think twice, just another day for you and me in paradise..."