Friday, May 6, 2011

A "tea"

Today was a special Mothers Day tea for the 4k kids and their moms at Anna-Kate's school. A friend from church (thanks, Laura!) graciously agreed to watch my boys and Leigh-Anns' girls so we could go and provide undivided attention to the big kids. We were there when the kids came down to the fellowship hall and Anna-Kate ran over, very excited to see me. She asked where the boys were and I reminded her they were home with Miss Laura. She had the biggest grin on her face the whole time we were there. She and I don't get many opportunities for concentrated one-on-one attention outside of the house. I so enjoyed our little lunch together!

As we sat at the table, I turned over Anna-Kate's placemat and saw this {I just love these things--double click to enlarge}:



We had some cake, veggies and punch {mysteriously, no tea to be found at this "tea"}. It was a sweet time with my girl. I am so thankful for her!

4 comments:

Holbie said...

I guess you'll be making more hotdogs and less squash these days. By the way, you really need to eat more. I mean if you are only 55 pounds and are 40-50 feet tall, well.....
I hope I get a similar "story" on Tuesday from Jonas....

Chris said...

Anna-Kate this weekend: "Daddy can you believe that my school didn't have any tea at the tea party?"

Ken said...

hahahaha... I love those things too! I love that she said 40 years old!! Ha!

Ken said...

oops that was from Emily on Ken's computer :)