Sunday, July 24, 2011

A little taste of Magic!

Last week my mom came up to spend a couple of days with us. We have an interactive Disney store in our town and I decided it was time to take the kids! We had about $20 left on our Disney gift card (how we left Disneyworld without spending it all is a mystery to me) so I went to get a few pieces for the kids' Halloween costumes for this year (Yes, I already know what they will be--I knew last October. They are going as a Toy Story theme).

Anyway, wide eyed and amazed were my three kiddos as we enjoyed the store.

Anna-Kate in the princess castle looking at all of the cool things!



If you scan a barcode in front of the mirror (or, "magically wave it", whatever) the princess who was pictured on the item (in this case, a Cinderella crown) will appear in the magic mirror and sing a song or talk to you. They all loved it, surprisingly, Jack was the most astonished. The walls depicted Disney world with various characters making appearances. Not to brag, but evidently, we are very lucky people who brought Tink out. :)





I tried really hard to get Jack to walk under Mickey's area. It was lit up cool, but he had zero interest in that. :)



To top off the night, we went and saw the new Pooh movie that evening. It was the kids' first "real" movie experience and they all did great. Jack got tired of sitting with about 10 minutes left, but I still count that a success. (Bonus, we got discount tickets and free popcorn. Yippee!)



And that, is the closest we will get to Disney magic for a while. Bummer! :)

No comments: