Thursday, July 28, 2011

Such adult talk... :)

One of my favorite things is listening in to kid talk. Today I was listening to Anna-Kate and Ryan play together. They have been pretending to be husband and wife a lot lately (and refer to each other as "husband" or "wife". Funny).

AK: "Husband you just work, work work. You always have to work! We need to move and get you a new job so you don't have to work so much!"
Ry: "I know! I can work at Disneyworld!"
AK: "Oh yes! We can live at the Polynesian hotel. Now you get to be home with us during the morning time and lunch time and dinner and we get to be together!"

***

AK: "RY-AAAN! Please bring me my glass slipper and put it on my foot!"
Ry: "What?"
AK: "Remember? I teached you how to be a gentleman and place a slipper on a ladies' foot yesterday?"
Ry: "Oooh. Yep. Here you go!"
AK: "Why thank you, gentleman!"

***

We've been talking about "wise" verses "foolish" decisions and choices. Anna-Kate overheard Chris and me talking about Disneyworld and beach trips. I then heard...

AK: "I think we should choose Disneyworld instead of going to the beach. Disneyworld has a beach, so that just seems like the wiser choice to me. Don't you think so Mommy?"

2 comments:

Scott and Ashley said...

So funny, Janelle! By the way, I read your blog regularly. I think I found you through Meagan Dennison's blog...hope you don't mind that I follow! :-)

Tate Family said...

she is quite the character, janelle. i can just imagine her as a wife one day. lol