Friday, August 19, 2011

Carpool

It's weird having my child picked up and taken to school and then delivered back home. I have always driven my own kids to school both ways (obviously had help in a bind and helped others, but generally I drove). Even though school is pretty close, the pick up is 2:05-right in Jack's nap (and regrettably, my monitor wouldn't reach. If I still had my monitor?? :) ). We were SO blessed that two of Anna-Kate's dear friends are in her class and that our schedules work together for a perfect carpool situation. Leigh-Ann and I are splitting mornings and late pick up (3) for an after school activity once a week and Jessica brings them home 4 days a week as her son is a little older and naps a bit later. It is absolutely the little things that the Lord just reassures that He is in this whole decision, process and that He works all things for good!

In her chapel uniform this morning. So cute!!



All three big kids in the back of the van--Anna-Kate, Marin, Adam



Anyway, it's been hard for me (yet again) to let go of driving her and not being the first to hear all of the little tidbits of her day. But, it's good. Since we are moving to earlier bed time (7:30 to accommodate 7 am wake up for the first time in her life!!) I put Jack down for his nap 1-4. I get to read and play with Ryan individually until 2, then send him to his room for quiet play time. Jessica drops Anna-Kate off a little after 2 and I have a snack waiting for her and we sit at the table and chat about her day. She has been a little tired, so we will move to the couch and read a book, then talk about her day more, then read another book before she goes to her room around 3 for 45 minutes or so to play alone and unwind a little. The look on little Ryan's face when he sees his sister is priceless--he is PUMPED! He misses her so much! :)

These days are surely precious and I am beyond thankful for them (and that my girl will spill all of the details of her day!).

3 comments:

EmilyV said...

Oh the difference between boys and girls. Caleb had his first day of "school" (classes for homeschooled students) on Tuesday, and all I got out of him was that it was fine and that he doesn't remember what he did.

Anonymous said...

You are a great mom!! I love how you sit at the table with Anna Kate and talk about her day. Very sweet and memories that she will definitely remember. :)
Teri

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for all the pics and the blog...I can't tell you how much I enjoy seeing and hearing abt. Jack, A.K. and Ryan.
They are so adorable...could just eat them with a spoon!!
mom