Monday, August 15, 2011

First day of school {preschool version}

Today was Ryan's first day of school! I was prepared for an emotional event. It was not. We all walked in to his room. I could barely get him to stop for a quick picture before he kissed me and said, "bye Mom!". So proud of him!

In front of the door obligatory first day picture.



Walking him in--like a champ!



SO ready to go!



Silly faces with Mama. I sure love this boy!



When I picked him up his teacher, Ms. Wanda, said, "if all of my students are as respectful and obedient as Ryan, this will be the easiest year of teaching I've ever had." I about fell back (and was SO proud of him!). She said that every time she told the kids to do something, he was the first to stop what he was doing, say "yes ma'am" and move to the next thing. Way to go, Ryan!

To be completely honest, (and if you know me IRL this is not a surprise) I was disappointed in Ryan's teacher for this year. I specifically chose days of the week (MWF) that I didn't particularly want, for the teacher that I thought was perfect for Ryan. The teacher I chose is strict, very routined (is that a word? it should be) and calls Ryan out on his crap. She doesn't let him get away with anything, and he thrives under that sort of structure. Anyway, late last week there was a switcheroo pulled at school and, because of various reasons, some shuffling of teachers. If you have ever read this blog you know I am not the most flexible person and don't do well with my ducks getting pushed out of their little line (sigh. A character flaw the Lord is graciously trying to work out of me, evidently). Here's the beauty of believing in the sovereignty of God...as I told Wanda about Ryan's breathing issues and croup problems, (which generally brings raised eyebrows and "well don't bring him if he's sick!") she just listened. When I finished talking she said, "well my granddaughter has the same exact thing. Does it sound like this?" (She then perfectly mimicked what Ryan sounds like in the beginning phase of his breathing problems). I was blown away at the Lord's provision. As my dad said today after I told him, "So you are saying God chose what you needed better than you did?". Why yes, yes He did.

1 comment:

Tate Family said...

Isn't that how it goes? we think we know but we soooo don't.