Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Laundry

This is my random thought process. No deep thinking, no cute kid phrases. Just contemplatin' as I fold my 3rd load of laundry for the day...

If you are a mother {and possibly if you aren't, though I don't remember having a strong feeling on laundry pre-kid} you understand that laundry is constant. In fact, it's more than constant. Even during that magical 37 seconds when the washer and drier are both empty and all of the clothes are actually ironed and put away, you and your family is still wearing clothes {I presume}. So really, it is lit-ruly (man, can't wait for Parks and Rec to come back!) never ending.

I can't express the deep satisfaction I get when I go to sleep with a vacuumed laundry room floor. My reasons are three-fold. 1.) If it's been vacuumed, it's visible. This leads quickly to 2.) There is no laundry waiting for me in the morning (unless I got a wild hair to change the kids' sheets for no apparent reason which means that Janelle's law is in effect. {Janelle's law being: "If you change a child's sheets, within 24 hours they will puke or have an accident."} 3.) If it's been vacuumed, it stands to reason that the rest of my wood floors are also vacuumed because really, who just vacuums their laundry room and nothing else?

And, that's it. :)

1 comment:

Gil House said...

THIS post ttly made me laugh!!! i can SOO relate!!! and i TOTALLY agree with the kids' sheet janelle's law! if i were independently wealthy, i would pay for 2 things in life: a professional laundry service AND permanent hair removal so i never had to shave again! both are on my not so favorite things in life list!!!