Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ryan turns four!

Ack! Attack! It isn't possible! {but it is}

We tend to make a big deal of birthdays around here and they also tend to stretch for days. :) Last weekend was his birthday party, (another post for another day) followed by a trip to my parents' house to see them and my grandparents, and then, the actual day. I think all told we sang to him 4 or 5 times. He loved it each time. :)

On his actual birthday, we had a big family breakfast and he was allowed to eat breakfast fully decked out in dress up costume--big treat!(Chris had planned to go in late after a big breakfast, but as Anna-Kate threw up the night before, he ended up staying home so I would be able to take dessert to his class that day). We had powdered donuts and ham and eggs, a birthday tradition and favorite of all! Ryan loved the candle and singing and getting the special birthday plate.

After breakfast he opened his gifts and was especially excited about the imaginext Joker and car from Anna-Kate to play with his Batman he received from his buddy Henry (and has subsequently hardly put down). Jack picked out a spiderman cup and plate from the dollar bin and I scored a batman costume for $2 from consignment, new in the package! My boy was in hog heaven (but I am since regretting giving it to him as it results in a major meltdown each time he has to take it off...). I got Ryan a bunch of new undies (as his others were all 2t...ha!) and Chris found a smaller pirate ship to go with his bigger Playmobile one from Tuesday Morning. All in all, a happy birthday, done on the cheap...success!
BUZZ!





Thanking sister...



Round 3 of candles!



BATMAN! (nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh--BATMANT! All I hear these days)



He is crazy about playing pirates!



I took him to school and later returned early with a cookie cake for his class. He (again) loved the candles and singing. Clearly, not shy of the attention. :)



That evening he requested our favorite pizza place for dinner (though he was so tired from the day that he fell asleep on the way there and only ate 1/2 a piece...). Our friends met us there and then we jetted out for his first soccer practice of the season. He is beyond thrilled that Chris is coaching his team. :) After practice, we gave him the choice of Chick-fil-a icecream or home for icecream with sprinkles and toppings. He chose home. Go figure.

The boy loves his chocolate!



As I wrote on facebook yesterday, which about sums it up: Happy 4th birthday to my precious Ryan!! He keeps me on my toes (and knees!) but I am so very thankful for my spunky, spirited, affectionate second born.

2 comments:

Tate Family said...

awww. i can't believe he's four!!! that's crazy. and our BABIES will be two soon.

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! He looks so much like Chris in that last picture!