Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas movie

Today's 25 days of blogging December is...my favorite holiday movie. Personally, I have a special place for "It's a wonderful life", but my favorite is "White Christmas". I love the music, the dancing...love it.

However, I want to remember a little thing, that wouldnt even be a blip on some people's radar, but is a big deal for me. Last week, (on a school night!) "Frosty the Snowman" came on tv at 8. Our kids were already tucked into bed, and my to-do list, let me assure you, is quite extensive. I decided to forget my list and schedule and went and got the big three out of bed, told them to grab their blankets and follow me. We all piled in our bed to watch Frosty together. It was only 30 minutes, but they.loved.it. It was so nothing for me to do, but it was the biggest deal to them. Made me realize how little effort it takes to make a huge impact for them. Such a fun little memory as we all sang along. Just today, Frosty came on the radio and Anna-Kate said, "remember when we got to stay up late and watch that? I love that!".

Little memories.

No comments: