Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas traditions and funnies

So this morning we embarked upon an Atlanta Christmas tradition: riding the Pink Pig at Macy's. My mom went as I child, I went as a child, and now, we took our kids. Somehow, it was way lamer this time around...but I digress, Anna-Kate had wide eyes and loved it! I documented our trip to visit the pig (not sure if the new one has a name. Since the 50's her name was Priscilla, but she was retired in 1996 to an Atlanta museum.

We waited over an hour (family with Chris' dad):

Photobucket

We were first to board and got to sit in front (Anna-Kate was loving all of the PINK...and OK, so was I):

Photobucket

Family shot on the pig (the pig you can see in the background was the orignal pig car that I rode in as a kid):

Photobucket

We had a great time, and are excited to be starting our own family Christmas traditions. I'll keep you posted with what else we come up with. :)

(I know you are sitting with baited breath on the edge of your seat)

***

We've been teaching Anna-Kate table manners. Like, to be excused she says, "may I be excused please, thank you for ____" (insert b'fast, lunch or dinner). So tonight she says the first part right but says....
AK: "thank you for lunch"
Me: "what meal did we just eat?"
AK: "uh-huh" (her answer when she doesn't know something)
Me: "we eat breakfast in the morning, lunch before nap and what at nighttime?"
AK: "pancakes!"
Me: "no..."
AK: "CHEERIOS!!"

***

So, Ryan's been sick. Anna-Kate is missing her friends and so asked me to invite a friend over this afternoon. I told her we couldn't because they might get Ryan's germs and get sick.
Me: "you sure dont' want your friends to come over and get sick do you?"
AK: "yes, I do want them to come over and get sick!"

Always thinking of others... :)

***

So a few minutes ago we were all playing in the family room. Chris is always making cool structures out of pillows and blankets for her to play in/hide under. So she said, "my bed is broken, fix it Mama". I didn't know she was referring to the pretend pillow bed. Once that was all sorted out, I tried my best to build a bed of pillows (though more a fort, but whatever). Anna-Kate's heart-warming response? "That's not right Mama". Ahem. I've created a monster, and she's only 2 1/2 years old...I tried again, and she repeated above statement. Then followed it up with, "daddy builds it better."

Fine, I didn't want to build a pillow fort anyway.

5 comments:

Tate Family said...

I just love your little family. :) And, you, my dahling, are so gosh darn pretty!!!!!!!! AK is such a mess...I know she keeps you in stitches.

Mom B said...

Just an idea, but maybe Anna-Kate was thinking that if her friend came over and got sick, she would HAVE to stay at your house since she's sick....hence, more play time! :-) Your mom always said I could think like a kid....was that a compliment??? HA!

Anonymous said...

How funny...I love AK wanting to get her friends sick! She's so funny!!!
LOVE the family pic on the pig! Even if it seemed lame, I know the kids must've loved it and it's neat to carry on that tradition.

Hope your boys are feeling better (and you & AK have steered clear)!!
Jenny

Anonymous said...

Meant to add, I got your email and will reply as soon as I get a quiet moment (ha, who am I kidding right?). (: Merry Christmas friend!

Jenny

Anonymous said...

That little train makes me look fatter than I really am lol ---chris