Friday, December 12, 2008

Santa Claus is coming to town, and, a funny

Here are some pictures from last weekend's visit to Santa. Our neighborhood had a breakfast with Santa. So much fun, and a lot of yummy food! Unfortunately, our girl is petrified of Santa in person. At home she talks about him, told us that she was going to ask him for a baby (that looked like her) and a Nemo fish (lucky for her, my parents just got back from a business trip in Orlando and brought her back a Nemo!). One of my best friends, Allison, was up for the weekend while her husband, Matt, was interviewing at Emory for the residence program (YAY!!).

Here is precious Ryan chillin' in Santa's lap waiting for big sister to get it together:

Photobucket

Here is their together shot with Santa (pitiful):

Photobucket

A family shot with Santa:

Photobucket

Our family (eating, it's what we do best--"we're eaters") with Allison:

Photobucket

***

We've been teaching Anna-Kate about sincere apologies. Not just saying "I'm sorry", but to include the reason she is sorry, and also, when someone apologizes to her to tell them they "are forgiven" (and move on...).

She and I were playing this morning and she accidently poked me in the eye. I said ouch that she had hurt me.

AK: "I sorry Mommy"
I was about to prompt her with "for what?", and to include that it was an accident, but before I could say it, she said...
AK: "But it's OK, I forgive you Mommy".

Tears. I was so tickled.

1 comment:

The Bartons said...

so yay for your fam pic with Santa! :) (so glad somebody had that great idea :)) turned out great! and yay for us having a pic together! i totally forgot about that one! :) hehe
anywhoo- miss you friend! hopefully we'll be seeing you soon though :)